03 June 2012

Odin's Nursery

You know those people who post nothing but baby stuff online? It used to annoy me, but now I am one of those people. I get it now. My whole life is wrapped up in this little guy. I don't do anything else. So what else am I going to post about?

And in that vein, here are some photos of Odin's nursery. It's easily my favourite room in the house, and I'm just about done with it. I just have to make a bed skirt and some curtains for the windows, as the matchstick blinds don't block enough of the light for when he starts sleeping in there (he's currently still in our room in a bassinet, but I'd like to start transitioning him to his crib in the next few weeks). But sewing things involves clearing off my desk, which is a whole other task in itself, one that I just don't have time for at the moment. Right now all my time is taken up by nursing, changing diapers and rocking in the rocking chair, and that's just fine by me...

 Kirk's stepmother, Donna, made the beautiful quilt.
Mum and I made the awesome owl mobile.
I got the rocking chair/glider used on craigslist.

The crib is the Mod II by Status. My father made the toy box when I was a kid.
My sister-in-law, Angela, knitted Sleipnir the 8-legged horse

I made the birdcage mobile by taking birdcages from Wonderbucks & Michaels,
spray painting them white, putting birds in them and hanging them with wire.
I got the pillow on clearance at JC Penney.

The owl in a suit print is by Ryan Berkley.
The chickadee painting is by Michele Maule.

 Mum had the Odin wall hanging made with letters she took months to source.

Of course I couldn't resist sneaking in a baby picture!
Odin absolutely LOVES his owl mobile.
The small owl rattle is from Baby Bomb and the large bird is by Stuf.

The penguin print on the left is by Michelle of My Zoetrope.
The centre print is from The Haiti Poster Project.
I made the two prints on the right.

The top of the IKEA dresser folds down to make a change table.

I think I got this bird hook from Wonderbucks, but I could be mistaken.
It holds our wet bag for diapers I got from Puddle & Quack.

The square prints are by Trish Grantham.

I made the felt name banner on the door.
The bookshelf is Leksvik from IKEA. 

A lot of these books are my own collection. I hope I'm okay with sharing!

5 comments:

  1. Super-cute!! I think the chickadee print is from Michele Maule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. You're totally right about the painting. I updated the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cara,

    My name is Valentine and I am in charge of bloggers relations within the company Made in Blog. Our website,www.madeinblog.ca, aims to offer our bloggers a way to monetize their audience and the possibility to build partnership with brands.

    We are currently looking for Canadian bloggers with any profile to take part in the largest survey ever realized in the Canadian blogosphere. It would be great to have your opinion and you could win a lot of great prizes including $100 ALDO gifts certificates.

    Take the survey here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/mibsurvey2012

    Have a good day and happy clicking! Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions: bloggers@madeinblog.ca

    Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely room. You've made it so beautiful. I don't think I'd ever want to get out of that rocking chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Caroline! I love it in there, and I do spend a lot of time in that rocking chair!

    ReplyDelete